|The Adirondack Branch|
|of the Delaware & Hudson Railroad|
|About This Site|
c.1910 Section Crew at The Dugway
Photo from Johnsburg Historical Society
This great old photo is of the section crew at a place called The Dugway, located between The Glen and Riverside. It was just south of the Mill Creek bridge. The little shanty was built by the D&H in about 1908 for Elmer Harrington, a local farmer who kept watch on this section for many years. He used a three wheeled hand pump car and later a gas powered one.