|The Adirondack Branch|
|of the Delaware & Hudson Railroad|
|About This Site|
The Dugway & Washburn's Eddy
North of The Glen there is an area once referred to as The Dugway. A man named Elmer Harrington kept watch over this area for the D&H for 47 years, retiring in 1937. This was an area that was prone to washouts on the track and Mr. Harrington spent enough time there that the D&H built a shanty next to the tracks. This was just south of the Mill Creek bridge where there was a siding used to load pulp wood.